Monday, November 12, 2012

Karaoke Time!

This past Sunday we celebrated my Little Sister's bday (which was Friday) at my brother's place with a little get together.

We have a lot of family so we sometimes get together very often. To make the day feel a little more special for her I busted out my boxes of party decorations and went to town. We made it a karaoke party since Little Sister loves to sing (although so do me, my Mommy and Big Sister). You can see the final decoration results here.

We all had a great time as usual and really enjoyed each other's company. We ate brisket sandwiches, chips and chocolate cake. Then busted out the karaoke machine. As always we acted really silly and the day got away from us before we knew it, which meant the next day would be work :(

Me singing on the left and the print of my awesome dress on the right. When I saw the details of the print (Pandas! Planets! Flying Unicorn (Pegasus)! Cupcakes! and the Outer Space!) I knew I had to have it and it's now one of my favorite dresses :)
The Birthday Girl (Little Sister) and Me (W/My Moustache)
 And my outfit shot :) I tried something new to my hair but it didn't come out that great. I've always wanted to do a hair bow but I think I have too much hair because the center part never holds :( So i tried to do a bow and two odangos. Havn't quite mastered it yet, but practice makes perfect ;) Dress (Ebay - Hell Bunny) Shirt (American Eagle) Stockings (Sock Dreams) Bracelet (Hot Topic - actually a choker) Earings (AsianICandy)

I love karaoke so much. I still have a long way to go in terms of actually sounding really good but it feels great to sing alog to a song you like with all the emotions and energy that, that song deserves. One day I hope to master either the song I am not my hair or Get it together (both by India Arie) I love listening to her music but those songs always hit home for me and make me feel good about myself. Do you like karaoke? Is there a song you want to master? I'd love to hear them :)

Okie Dokie! Take it easy...


2 comments:

  1. Way to rock those strawberries & stripes! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, Thanks! This is my first comment on my blog and it makes me happy to see that it's from a shop that I can't get enough of :) Love y'alls vast selection and free shipping now too! Socks and stockings always make my outfits just a little more OTT. Can't wait to order more ;)

      Delete