Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Super Heros VS Villains

On our way home after spending all afternoon at the Cook-Off, my husband and I went to the store to pick up a few things for my brother's b-day party. Since it was themed a Super Hero/Villain party we looked around for something for him to wear. After no luck in the clothing section, we headed over to the Halloween section for one last shot. They actually didn't have to much of a selection, but Adrian found a Jason mask and said he could be Casey Jones from the Ninja Turtles. I didn't know who he was talking about, so he showed me a picture (thank goodness for smart phones, we finally got ours a couple of months ago).
This is the picture he used as a reference

He cut off the top elastic part of the mask to allow room for his hair, and I had some white fabric I had bought a while back that we cut into strips and used for fist wraps (some other pictures of Casey have them) and he used my old softball bat as a prop.

For a last minute costume, I think it came out pretty well. Alot of people at the party didn't know who he was and he would have to tell them, but the thing that made it all work out even more was the Teenage Mutant Turtles ended up being at the party. It was awesome. Four of my brother's friends had dressed as them. They did such a good job on matching their costumes all the way down to the boots. :) 

During the party Michelangelo was telling us how they had bought the shirts that day and each one came with all 4 eye masks.

Glad me and Adrian didn't buy those. We had "talked" about maybe doing them, but procrastinated as usual only this time it really did work out. :) Would have been lame for there to be 6 Ninja Turtles.

Casey Jones, Michelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo & Raphael
 Almost didn't get this picture. I told them at the beginning of the party that I had to get one and we were all having a good time that before we knew it, it got late and Leonardo was about to go when I told her that I had to get a picture before she did.

After a couple of snaps she left and more people joined in, and a flurry of silly picture taking ensued. It was hilarious.
Here's one of the silly pictures
For my outfit, I wasn't sure what to wear but looked at some female superhero pictures and went with Storm from X-men. I made the X-men pins at the bake sale earlier but didn't double check my reference before making it to realize later that the red and black should have been switched 0_0. I also thought she had silver hair so I bought silver hair color spray and found out when I got home and did a little background on her that she has white hair. Oops. Also I need way more spray with my long hair. Overall I was pleased with how it came out. I made the cape out of the same batch of fabric I used for Adrian's hand wraps only black. Threw on some black leggings, a long sleeve black shirt, black corset and black boots and bam, I think I'm Storm ;P. 
Leggings (hautelook.com) Shirt (F21) Corset (Charlotte Russe) Boots (Shiekh)
It took a while to get a good picture. I'm still VERY awkward in front of the camera. Hope to get better little by little. I love taking pictures and love to look at them too, but once the camera's turned on me I either smile WAY to big or just look weird (I pretty much always look like that though). Adrian said my pose was too Superman-ish but I didn't do enough research to know how Storm would pose. I think I may redo this costume for Halloween so I don't have to keep thinking about what to wear and so I can fix all the little things to do Storm justice.

 Overall it was an awesome night and we both had a really good time. I took pictures all night long and when I got home and looked at them you can see how much everyone moved around and socialized. That is always a good sign. I love meeting new people and I definitely met alot of them. :)

Sunday was spent lazing around the house to prepare ourselves for another week of work. Much needed after being out and about all day Friday & Saturday. Hoping we can go to the Renaissance Fair this weekend. Guess we'll see.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment