Friday, July 12, 2013

Japan Festival

April 13th and 14th was the Japan Festival in our city. I ended up attending on Saturday since the Houston Lolita Community was asked to put on a Kawaii Fashion Show and I wanted to support them.

There were so many people everywhere. This event has really grown so much from when it was first started in 1993 ^^

Lots of trees so you could easy find shade from the sun

They had lots of events going on but since I came late I didn't get a chance to see everything,
but I did catch part of the Cosplay contest
Epic Cosplay, and it was so hot out so he gets double props for wearing it for so long. He was also one of the winners
Some of the other winners (Tamaki was in character through the whole event which was awesome (swoon))
Cosplayers up on stage
Woodlands HS Japanese Club doing the Soran Dance
The dance moves depict ocean waves, fishermen dragging nets, pulling ropes and lifting luggage over their shoulders. During regular intervals of the dance, the words: "DOKKOISHO!" "DOKKOISHO!" "SORAN!" "SORAN!" Are called. Those words were used in the past to encourage the fisherman during their work.
 Afterwards HLC put on the Kawaii Fashion Show. You can see my pictures here

Okinawan Drum Dance about to start

Everyone did an excellent performance and you can tell they took it serious but still enjoyed themselves.
We left not too longer after since it was hot and we got hungry again.

And this was my outfit for the day. My first attempt at Punk Lolita. I really liked it ^^
I hope to attend again next year, but maybe earlier so I can see more of it <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment